While we’re usually right next door, and easy to reach by TEXT to 716-219-1188 when needed, your guest house quarters are completely separate, with a contactless private entry process. All five guest rooms are upstairs and share two full bathrooms with low-entry showers. The Sunset View has been a guest house in the heart of historic Lily Dale for over 40 years, and we’re delighted to be the newest stewards of this historic property in the largest Spiritualist community in the world.
We offer five guest rooms and two bathrooms to a maximum of eight guests, making us a great choice for small groups of friends and family, or small retreats. We feature a common area downstairs where you can relax and gather with old friends and new. Of course we’re all about Lily Dale, but for those interested in exploring the amazing natural vistas this part of New York State is known for, we’re open year-round. You’ll find Amish, antique and art trails; beer, wine and spirits trails; hiking, cross-county skiing, and snowmobiling trails–and much more to do nearby. We’re longtime Lily Dale and Chautauqua county residents and are happy to suggest sights to see and experiences to explore. You could spend a relaxing several days–even a week with –exploring the local area, and we hope you will.
The Sunset View Guest House features:
- A coffee/tea porch and gathering space with a lake view
- Complimentary tea, coffee, hot chocolate, herbal tea and hot and cold spring water
- Small fridge downstairs with freezer (guest use only)
- Microwave downstairs (guest use only)
- Free high-speed WiFi (guest use only)
- Locking rooms with two individual keys per room ($20 lost key replacement fee applies)
- AC units in all rooms during summer months
- Sleep machine in all rooms (to set to “white noise” or nature sounds as you prefer)
- Multi-outlet charging stations in all rooms
- All rooms have two windows (one contains the AC unit in summer)
- Wraparound room-darkening, insulating & sound-reducing curtains in all rooms
- Neutral, relaxing decor in all rooms
- Down-alternative pillows in all rooms
- All bedding and towels are laundered with additive- and fragrance-free products
- Two remotely-operated standing fans with ionizers upon request when not already reserved
- No televisions! It’s Lily Dale! (Please bring headphones if you plan to stream entertainment on your device)
Text or call 716-219-1188 to inquire about reservations, or email us using this form. (It’s our first summer, so we aren’t using an online reservation system at this time).
PLEASE NOTE: As this is quite an old building–the main section was built in 1889–please be aware that the steps to the guest rooms upstairs reflect their Victorian roots. While carpeted, they are rather steep and narrow. Please take extra care when ascending or descending the steps by making use of the sturdy railing you’ll find.
If you require mobility assistance, such as a walker or wheelchair, Sunset View Guest House accommodations may not suit your needs. Please inquire and we will make every attempt to assist you.
We are a pet-free accommodation but of course accept trained service animals, although not emotional support animals. This policy is because of insurance requirements and allergy concerns. Thank you for your understanding.